Tuesday, November 18, 2014

VA Hospitals and Slow Care

This article is within days of being exactly a year ago.As a patient there I can attest that if its any better, then one can't tell it. I had an MRI done, by direction of a Doctor who was standing in for mine while she was on vacation. MRI was don in July, and I was directed by the MRI unit director that I would be scheduled a follow-up appt. within 2 weeks to go over the results and discuss future treatment of my spinal injuries. I never received an appt. so I, after over 3 months complained through proper channels. after 2 days of runaround and promises, I called the asst. director on Mon. Nov. 17 2014 and he personally assured me that MY DOCTOR or HER NURSE would call me within 24 hours. It is the 18th of Nov. 2014 I have not received any phone call. Now, I am documenting this to show where it might go and how long it takes.
This is a factual example and it doesn't look good. The VA is a broken system and needs to be fixed. They pride themselves on "WORKING FOR THE VETERANS". But with the exception of a few non essential personnel I cannot see any Honor or respect for us Veterans! How do you folks feel? Let me know, and I will keep everyone updated also!

This article/video was posted one year ago on the 20th of Nov.  VIDEO

The latest from VA Director.  MY VA

OK...It is the 19th of Nov. 2014 and my update egos like this;  After doing as I should and following the appropriate procedure, #NOPROGRESS After being on the phone from 9 am this morning till 3 pm this afternoon, I have spoken to 4 people who can only tell me the same thing, I need to leave a message and someone will call me back.  I have no problem with that except for the fact that my medication is due here at my home tomorrow, and the pharmacy hasn't got the renew slip from my Doctor.  The  Public Relations person, Kevin McGiver, my patient Advocate(No name because they haven't called back after 8 calls) Patient Advice Operator, have all told me MY NURSE OR DOCTOR would call me.  I explained my dilemma to deaf ears and sit awaiting a call.  I know whose fault this falls back too because there are multiple notes in my records that She (My Doctor) has been notified to renew my medication.  Keep following and see when this gets taken care of and how!

Asy, I have mave progress.  It is 20 Nov. 2014.  After over 50 calls this week I have gotten my Meds straightened out.  I have a link  http://www.va.gov/oig/hotline/  which if needed after trying locally, you should use.  Please feel free and leave any helpful information for others that you may have, or any comments you wish to express!

No comments:

Post a Comment