Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I CHALLENGE POLITICIANS!

HOMELESSNESS! Most people have no idea what that really means. They know that it means that a person has no home, no place to sleep and even knows that they have to live on the streets. The average person just lives their lives with the knowledge that the homeless exist and occasionally see a homeless person as they go to work, or the market, or to drop the kids off at school or the daycare. They may even toss a dollar to one standing on the corner or on the sidewalk at the market. Still, they really have no idea what it really means to the person they occasionally see. They don't know that the guy on the corner used to be a soldier who was given a Purple Heart and a Medal of Honor for saving his buddy's' life. That he had a wife and 2 kids till he lost his job due to budget cut-backs 11 months ago and his wife left him because he couldn't get a job and she decided to go to her family when they foreclosed on the house. So he gave up and ended up ashamed to ask anyone for help and here he is now....HOMELESS.

There are many scenarios which one can give to explain how this could happen, but most people think those scenarios would never be them. In all true reality, it could as easily be you as it could anyone. Today's society is very unforgiving and extremely unpredictable. This problem. HOMELESSNESS, will never be 100% taken care of, but it can be taken care of a lot better than it is. Politicians and government officials have no idea what it is to be homeless and in despair. What they have no idea how it is, means they have no idea how to fix it! If gas prices are too high they fix it, they have to buy fuel. If the taxes on homes in their city are getting too high, they find alternatives, they pay property taxes.

That being said I have a proposition, a “CHALLENGE” if you will! I challenge any 4 politicians at a level of Senator, Governor, or above, to live with me in the streets of the city of my choosing. I will set the RULES of what they can have or not have when they start out, but they have to stay out 6 nights and 7 days, with on the clothes on their backs and 1 change, an out of service cell phone, a comb, their wallet with $5.00 no credit cards and can have no contact unless it is through the out of service cell phone. I will help them survive for the week if they choose to take the challenge!

If you are reading this, I ask you to please help me get through to at least 1 but I would like to get 4...1 week each... to accept my challenge. I will do my best to get one, but I am truly doubtful that any will accept. And I assure you, I will contact quite a few through Twitter, Facebook and any other media I can use! Again, I need all your assistance getting this out please! I will do this in a city that I choose and NO PRESS to interfere once this starts. If they finish, then maybe they will understand what it means to be homeless and that their help is needed and why!  Please use all #SOCIAL MEDIA, #Twitter #Facebook and blogs!


So let the challenge begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment