Saturday, November 8, 2014

BROTHERS!

I am a veteran! I still use starch,spit shine shoes, and I haven't thrown down a cigarette butt since January of 1980. I served in the 2/504th Inf.82nd Abn. Div. and 2/502nd Inf. 101st Abn. Div. Unlike a lot of veterans I am fortunate enough to have a somewhat descent life. Each and every Veteran I have ever served with or known is different in many ways. Different race,heritage,dialect,and yes even sexual preference! But, like 95% of veterans, I call every one of them my Brothers. I know their names but do not feel the need to use it. I do not know where all of them have been, who they served with or when. I don't know if they were Infantry, or medics, or motor pool. It never seems to matter. They are still my brothers. And yes, for the females, they are my sisters. I don't care about the rank or how long they were in. I personally do have a hard time dealing with those that got out on a bad discharge if it was something to do with disgracing the uniform or the oath we swore to our country. I have been married 5 times, and I would be hard pressed to say I would die for any of them, but, I would not hesitate to put my life on the line for any man or woman who is a veteran (whether I know them or not) Yes it is a honor to die for them, because I know that they honor me by taking an oath to defend me, my family, my country, and my flag, with no prejudice, or hesitation, when they signed on the line to become a US Soldier and die for me should that time come. So, On this Veterans day, and any other day for that matter, if you hear "Brother" come out of a veterans mouth, and hear them slap each others back in a hug, know that they are special! They have a pride that is deep within, they have a commitment most will never know. They are proud without vanity and they are Brothers and Sisters who with a simple signature and an oath, carry the responsibility of dieing for you and our country without question! TO ALL OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ALL BRANCHES OF THE US MILITARY I THANK YOU AND WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND HONORED! I SALUTE YOU ONE AND ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment